How to Make a Printable Wrap Around Gatefold Card
Panda Wrap Gatefold Card Made from a Printable Card Kit
Basic Craft Materials Needed
- Craft Knife, or use scissors
- Cutting Mat, if using a knife
- Scoring Tool, or blunt side of scissors, old ballpoint pen etc
- Double Sided Sticky Tape, or glue that's not too wet
- Foam Pads (if decoupaging the Panda)
- Personal cutter (optional)
- Panda Card Kit download
Printed Sheets from the Panda Card Kit
Making the Wrap Around Card
Print off all the sheets that come in the download, taking care to print on the reverse where indicated to create double-sided prints.
Cut out the envelope parts, the main card, wrap around flaps and Panda pieces if you wish to decoupage it (which I did not in the picture above).
- Adhere the patterned, triangular shapes to the inside of the flaps, which will be seen on opening the card.
- Wrap the entire flap around the main card piece, sticking the back piece of the flap to the back of the main card. The large wrap goes on the left and the smaller one on the right - when both are stuck to the back of the card it will stand on it's own and there's your fabulous handmade gatefold wrap card! There is a decoupage Panda for the large flap, if you want to add that.
Making the Co-Ordinating Envelope
- Making the envelope is very easy: once cut out, just score all the fold lines, and turn over the narrow sides on the main front piece.
- To these folded side flaps, add some double sided sticky tape and lay the back of the envelope over the top of them.
- Fold the bottom patterned flap upwards to seal the envelope. Obviously the top flap remains open until you want to close up the card.
You could add a greeting or verse on the main card that's visible, but if you don't want anything showing there, remember not to write on it (I forgot!) - write your message down at the bottom where the Panda flaps will hide it.
These wrap cards don't take long to put together once you have cut out all the parts, which is the most time consuming part of it. To make it a bit quicker and easier I used my personal cutter for the long envelope sides and straight lines.
Download the Card Kit and Start Making...
You may sell what you make with this kit as long as it's handmade, finished cards and not the printed sheets themselves or any kind of digital product.